Saturday, July 08, 2006

"Life is peachy"

It's amazing how you can see a friend that you haven't seen for ages and it's just like no time has elapsed... I've had a friend visiting from Wellington and it has been awesome to catch up. She is one of only a few people in my life who I can tell everything about my life to knowing that she will not judge me and will empathise with me and give me sound advice. I know you're kind of thinking that maybe we don't talk about everything but we pretty much do, and we both share things with each other that would seriously shock other people... And of course we both know how to laugh with each other and at each other with the funny stuff that happens in our lives. You can't buy this kind of stuff, so I know I'm one of the luckiest people alive. Yay!

This visit has been unlike any in a long time, for one of the first times in my life I can actually say without a doubt that I am jealous of my friend and proud of it. She is soooooo happy at the moment. Life is peachy (as she puts it), she is in love and it's like she's got this positive aura about her that rubs onto everyone around her. Now this man she is in love with I have never met, but hoping to one day soon... I have no idea what he is actually like but I know I like him already for the happiness he has given to my friend.

On another note I am starting to get worried... I remember having a deep and meaningful and probably drunk conversation (as they usually are...), about how cool it would be if we had kids at the same time so they could play together... And now with everything being so great with her and her man it may be that this moment may come sooner than expected. Now whilst this may be doable on her part I am still stuggling in the love department. I have managed in the past to have one fairly long relationship, lasting longer than many people's marriages so on some level sucessful, but I am currently single and Mr Right is nowhere to be seen. So I am under pressure it seems to pull something out of my bag of tricks... Any ideas anyone??? I have sort of settled into a groove of fairly meaningess relationships and have kinda started to like the ideal of using them and losing them so what is a girl to do then???

5 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger bitemeandsmile said...

Lovely comment to leave. Dont be jealous dude...far out. Who knows what lies around the corner...I sure didnt! Welcome to the bloggers!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Not Kate said...

Welcome.

Yeah, like Cass says, you never know what's round the corner...... I went from having nobody on the horizon to too many people.... In the blink of an eye!

I'm gonna be happy being Aunty Kate :) No rush to join the wave of havin' kids here.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger themachobox said...

It was weird... it was the first time she has come down when we did not end up fighting [usually via her flying off the handle about something or just getting psycho for no reason]. She is obviously getting much better and is very happy. Wish some of that happiness and enthusiasm would rub off on me too.

As a side note...what ever vibe I might give off around you by no means equates to me hating [a very strong word] or disliking you for some reason. I'm just weird socially. What reason would i have anyway to dislike you?...you are one of my sisters best friends and i certainly appreciate what you did for my Mum when she was in hospitial even if it may have been just being her company.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger 5of7 said...

Awww, that is so cute :) So how about a drink sometime then? we could work on enhancing your social skills... :P

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger themachobox said...

Sure, give me a call [i'm in the book] when you are free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home